THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Kelton is SIX!!!

I can't believe that Kelton is 6! His birthday was actually on the 14th, we were just able to have his party yesterday. We had a swim party at Miramont Country club and it was super nice! (Well, other than the fact the kids only got to swim for about 35 minutes before it started thundering and we had to get out! That SUCKED!!)

I have pictures that I'll share in a minute, but I just have to reflect on the last 6 years of his life. He was born 6 weeks early, and was in the NICU for 9 days. For the first few days, it was 1 step forward and 2 steps back for him and he was dangerously sick. They had to induce labor though because my fluid levels were low and he wasn't thriving (he barely moved the last few weeks of my pregnancy which freaked me out constantly!) He had 3 shots of surfactant (sp?!) which is a shot to help baby's lungs develop, and usually they only have to give 1 or 2. 3 shots is NOT good (and the most they'll give at all is 4). So he was pretty bad off. He had a tube down his throat breathing for him, which was just horrible.

After the first 7 days though he started to pull out of it, and by the time he was 9 days old he was well enough for us to take home. He was really an easy baby for the most part, but a horrible toddler and is still very argumentative!! BUT, he is one of the sweetest boys in the world and is always wanting to give us hugs, etc. He won't let either Matt nor I leave the house without giving us at least 2 hugs. He loves to cuddle and just hang out next to us too.

He's starting Kindergarten tomorrow which I am SOO excited about, and so is he! He's thrilled to finally be a "big boy!" and go to Pebble Creek like his older brothers. We met his teacher the other night and I think she's going to be the perfect match for him- sweet and soft spoken, but also strict enough where he can't get away with doing things he's not supposed to do! ;-) I'll take lots of pictures and post those tomorrow too.

Since school is starting, I should have more time to blog (at least that's the plan!) so hopefully I'll keep better track of all of this now. My school starts next Monday (the 31st) and I'm really ready for that too. Oh! And Matt passed all of his captains license stuff, so as long as his application goes through alright, he will officially be "Captain Matt!" ;-) Anyway, here are a few pictures from Kelton's birthday party!!

Swimming!


Blayden


They all went to school together last year- Haley, Kelton (in back), Abigail, and Aiden


Cookie cake (Kelton loves monkeys!) Yummy!!


Waiting for some cake...


Daylon and his friend Brenen


Opening presents


The parents getting to talk some too... ;-)

0 comments: