THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 18, 2008

Sorry it's been awhile!

Our life seems to just be nuts lately!

Daylon started back to school on Jan. 3, and that's been going okay. We got his report card in this last week and, even though it seemed like he had progressed really well with his reading, apparently, it's not where it's supposed to be. So we have a meeting scheduled with his teacher for next week to figure out what we need to do next. He reads almost every night (which is SUCH a struggle because he hates it!) I just don't know what to do with him- I remember learning to read and I was so proud of myself and have always LOVED to read (you're talking to the girl that gets a book EVERY TIME I go to the store!!)

Jace, Kelton, and Blayden started back to Sonshine School on Jan 8, and that's been going really well. Kelton has gotten bragged on twice now by his teacher for being so sweet and polite, so that makes me feel better! He's SUCH a toot and so competetive at home that it's nice to know that he's nice and sweet at school!

Blayden is growing up and is almost ONE!! I can't believe my little man is getting so big! (Well, actually, he's my smallest child at this age so far! He's only a little over 20 pounds which is just crazy for me!) He's still not walking, and not really even trying (he did take 3 steps to Daylon last night though!) But, what's the point in walking when your brothers get down on the floor and crawl right along with you?? Oh well, it'll come soon and then I'll wish he wasn't walking! LOL

I started my classes this week too. One of them is an internet class (Microcomputer Applications) so hopefully that will go okay. Then I have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays while the boys are in Sonshine School. It's American Literature. Usually, I love English classes, but this teacher seems a little tough- and no, not because of her tests or anything. It's actually because she teaches horribly- she jumps from subject to subject and just seems to ramble. It's tough to consentrate and to know of anything in her lecture that might be of any importance what-so-ever!!

Anyway, Daylon is at home today because it's an in-teacher service day. And then he's at home on Monday too. It's going to be a LONG 4 day weekend, let me tell you!!! They were ALL up at 6:30 this morning, all hungry, and Kelton hasn't stopped whining. Matt and I aren't getting along all that great either, so I really don't want to be here. If the weather wasn't so gross I would take the boys to my grandparents house on the lake. Hmm... I might call her and see if the weather is the same there. We might make a trip after all!!!!

Better go though. The boys are playing with play dough/craft clay or something and Kelton is STILL whining about something that Daylon isn't letting him do. Good grief!

2 comments:

The Gomez Family said...

Hey Kelli, i hope your classes go well for you this semester. If you need citation help for your essays...you should try sonofcitationmachine.com. This website is great. It helps with citations for MLA,APA, and Chicago type essays. I hope this helps a little. Good luck!:)

Christine said...

Aw, I hope you had a nice weekend with your grandparents and were able to relax and regroup. :)

Hopefully Daylon will start enjoying reading more soon. I know when they are first learning it is really a struggle and they don't "enjoy" it all that much. I would suggest you reading to him a lot so he can still enjoy books without having to work so hard for it. Once he gets over the diffficult part of learning all the rules and sounding things out and it starts coming easier, I'm sure he will enjoy it more. The key is to keep it fun in the meantime through you reading to him a lot. That is what we did with Katie and it worked well, she LOVES reading now because it isn't "hard" anymore but a year ago she hated it.

Good luck with your classes!! :)