THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 18, 2008

Gunner (my big puppy)

I had to take Gunner to the vet today for a sore on his neck. I couldn't tell (it was really hurting him and I didn't want to mess with it- and he's got a LOT of hair) where the sore was exactly or what it was. Anyway, I dropped him off at the vets this morning, and just called to check on him.

They had to COMPLETELY put him under just so they could shave around his neck and look at it, clean it, etc, because it was hurting him so badly. They have no idea at this time what it is, but it's an infected sore all the way around his neck. The vet said he thought it looked like a chemical burn!!

Now, Gunner is my big baby (and I mean BIG- we weighed him when we were there and he's 98.5 pounds! LOL) and is the sweetest dog in the world. I have no idea what happened to him! The only thing that I can think of is he was outside a lot while it was raining (he loves to go and sit in the rain) and maybe his collar (just a normal collar) got wet and then irritated his skin or something.

It's just so sad. He's going to stay at the vets office all night tonight so they can give him meds and watch him, etc. Just SUCKS!!!

0 comments: