THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 13, 2008

We're all good!

Everything is fine here. We actually didn't get as much rain or wind as they originally thought we would. It started getting windy here around 3:15 in the morning, and of course it woke me up, and then started getting really bad around 7 or so. We were on the west side of the eye though, so it wasn't too bad.

HOWEVER, my husband has lost his mind and has left here to go down to Kemah to check on his boat. The Kemah Boardwalk is COMPLETLEY closed down though, so I'm not sure how far he's going to get towards the boat. That, and a lot of the gas stations are closed so I don't even know if he can physically get down there without gas.

Our cell phones don't take calls right now, but we can MAKE calls and make and recieve texts. So I'm trying to keep in touch with Matt that way. I'm just a worry-wart and since "they" are telling people to NOT try to come home or go towards the Gulf/Galveston Bay, and my husband IS trying to do that, I'm just really worried. I swear, he's crazy!!!

I'll keep you guys updated on that. And he took the camera so hopefully I can at least get some pictures to post of all of the damage he comes across (since he's going down there anyway! LOL) :-/

1 comments:

Christine said...

That's good, I'm glad it wasn't too bad after all. I remember back when we lived in CS and Rita was coming, everyone went nuts and bought out all the water at the stores and their were huge lines to get gas everywhere. We taped up all our windows and were all freaked out. Total overreaction! It looked like Ike was going to be even worse so I can't even imagine what the panic must have been like. Do you have a ton of "refugees" milling around now? I'm glad it wasn't as bad as expected and you guys are all ok!