THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're under a HURRICANE watch!!!

Yep, Brazos county is under a hurricane watch until Sunday morning. Apparently Ike is going to hit around Galveston (yes, the boat is still in Kemah- should be fun), and then head directly towards B/CS. And we'll get the east side of the storm here, which is the worst side. I'm freaking out just a little bit right now- we've been under Tropical Storm watches/warnings several times before, but not a Hurricane watch- at least that I can remember (maybe Hurricane Rita- I remember everyone freaking out about that one too!)

Anyway, it's just a little scary! I'm going to work on the garage today and get it cleaned out enough so that I can park my car in there. And then Matt wants to find a place for his truck. Hopefully we can get it in somewhere too. And I have to pick up the backyard enough where we won't have toys flying around, etc. Fun, fun, fun!!

Well, I'm off to get ready for school. Kelton and Blayden don't have thier MDO today because the church they have it at is an evacuation shelter for the Red Cross and they already have quite a few evacuees. They don't want the kids there at the same time those people are there (I don't want them there either!) So my mom is heading over to watch them while I'm in class (gotta love mom's!!) :-)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!!

2 comments:

mp said...

hope you guys stay dry!!

Christine said...

How are you guys doing??! It looks like it went right over B/CS!