THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I got admitted to A&M!

Well, I've known for almost a week now, but I was waiting for family members to get their "notice" in the mail! ;-) (I sent my dad and grandparents a car decal that said "Texas A&M Aggie Dad" / "Grandparents.")

Anyway, I was just SOO glad to finally find out for sure- I sent in my application in January! I will be transferring into the Education department and will be going for Childhood Education- Pre-K through 4th grade. HOWEVER, I am seriously thinking about "specializing" in learning disabilities. I figure if I have to learn about some of the learning disablitities (dyslexia, ADD, etc) to help Daylon, maybe I can eventually help other kids too. That's just a thought for right now though- nothing set in stone.

I'm waiting to hear back from A&M about the date for my New Student Conference (two days long), and then I'll meet with an advisor and get my schedule figured out. Once THAT happens, I'll figure out what I'm going to do with Kelton and Blayden while I'm in school. I would really LOVE to be able to go to school full time starting in the fall and get it over with! (I have 69 hours, so I'm a Junior, and I need 129 hours total for my degree plan. That seems like it's going to take FOREVER if I don't get on it!!!!)

But... Yippee for me!!! :-)

4 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations!! You should be proud of yourself, balancing 4 kids and still finding time to go back to school and do well enough to get into A&M! That is so awesome!

The Gomez Family said...

OMG!! Congratulations!! You are on your way. I am planning on going back to get my masters in School counseling and certified for special education. My grandmother's field was special education and i am so enthusiastic about that field. It will not only give you more knowledge to help your son, but also other kids. It's a great thing that you keep on with your education---no matter how long it takes. It took me a good 6 1/2 years. Before you know it, you will be a graduate. Email me your email address that you sign in with for this blog---i need to add you as an author on my website. I have had a couple of creepy people blog on my site and i want to restrict them from viewing pics of my boys. Well, talk to you later.

email address: alessluisjill@yahoo.com

Misty Cathey said...

Congratulations and good luck!!

mp said...

congrats!!! you go girl!