THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Camp, Dingy Jace, & Diets

Well, Jace and Daylon have had Camp Miramont these last few days (Tuesday until today, and their last day is tomorrow) at Miramont Country Club in Bryan. (My mom has a membership and she and her husband sponsered the boys.) They play basketball, tennis, and golf, feed them lunch, and then the kids get to go swimming until the day is done. The boys LOVE it and have had a blast so far (this is Daylon's second session there this summer.)

Today, when I went to pick them up, my mom was there swimming with Kelton (she took him for the day so I could run errands with Blayden by myself and spend time with him since he's too young to go to camp.) So she was getting Kelton dressed, and Jace had just come out of the bathroom all dressed and ready to go. He was walking kind of sideways, dragging his wet bathing suit behind him watching the wet streak on the ground. I was sitting on the other side of the kiddy pool, holding Blayden in the shade (it was HOT today!!) I saw where Jace was heading, but didn't honestly think he wouldn't stop in time. Nope! As soon as I said "Jace, watch out" he turns around a little bit, but keeps walking, and walked RIGHT INTO the kiddy pool!!! Now, this kid was completely dressed in tennis shoes, socks, shorts, and a T-shirt. It was all soaked!!! He stands up with this look on his face and said "I didn't see that there!" Ding dong!!! (He's been to this pool about 5 times in the last week and I assure you, the kiddy pool has NOT moved!!!) I just shook my head and laughed. He's so dingy but he really keeps me laughing and entertained- I love him to death!!!

Other than that, my day was just busy running errands. I'm going to do a "detox diet" type thing as soon as my supplement stuff comes in. It's a liquid diet that is supposed to clean you out good, and help you loose weight (21 pounds in 21 days is what it's called). I'm really doing this to help me get to feeling better- it seems so awesome and I think it'll work great. It's just a cool benefit that it helps you loose weight in the process. I've been trying to find a juicer though, since I'll need it for this diet. I just hate to spend $100 on a juicer that I don't know how much I'll use after this thing.

The bad thing about this diet is that I can't do it while nursing. (It's supposed to get rid of all of the toxins in your body and one of the ways the toxins get out, is through breastmilk. I'm not really sure how accurate this claim is or anything, but I don't want to risk making Blayden sick.) However, he hasn't been nursing much at ALL lately. Since Matt and I went to Las Vegas in May and my mom kept Blayden, even though I pumped while I was gone, I wasn't able to pump as much and my supply went down and never came back up. He gets really frustrated almost every time I try to nurse him- he wants his food faster than I can give it to him now! So, we're already down to 2 nursings a day... I'm going to try to keep those though, and just pump and trash it while I'm doing this diet, then keep nursing him afterwards. I'm just NOT ready to give up nursing my baby yet!!! (Especially knowing that he's my LAST baby!!)

Okay... off to do more laundry. I'm going to take the boys swimming a little later at the pool on Rock Prairie with a friend of mine, just to get them out of the house some. Fun, fun, fun!! :-)

0 comments: