THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Who knew?!?!

So, I've gotten both Jace and Kelton to vacumn this morning for me. Who knew that they would think that is the COOLEST thing in the world?!?! (Granted, I'm going to have to go back over everything to actually clean the carpets, but still!) Jace had a blast cleaning out everything from under the couch cushions (and I swear, I just did them not too long ago, and the kids are NOT supposed to eat in the living room so I don't know how they got so bad.)

Anyway! I'm just saying that it's really nice to have the boys help do things around the house. Yes, they have their own chores, and Matt thinks I'm nueortic for making them do them EVERY DAY, but still! I'm not their maid and I'm a little anal (for lack of a better word!) about having a pretty clean house. I can't stand junk everywhere and things not being organized.

Okay! That got to be longer than I thought it would be!

I just got to meet Matt's new sales person for his company, Marcos! He seemed really nice and was very clean, a gentleman, etc. I hope that goes well for Matt (Marcos just started working for Matt yesterday, so we'll see how it all goes. So far so good though, I think.)

Daylon had baseball camp at A&M yesterday and I think it went awesome! It was the hitting camp, so he got to hit for about 3 hours straight- some of it was on Olsen field too! I just think that's so cool that my seven year old got to hit baseballs where the Aggies play (he thought it was really neat too!) And he did GREAT too!! They pitched to him and he hit most of what they threw to him. Good job, Daylon!!! I just know that if he actually applies himself to something, he would be great at it. He gets tired of doing things and bored because it's nothing new (and he doesn't like to be hot and sweaty either!) and then he's just DONE. Maybe that'll change as he gets older though. I just know that it's frustrating for Matt because when he was Daylon's age, all he wanted to do was play sports. He was constantly outside doing something, so it's hard to see Daylon play video games instead of playing outside.

My cousin, Jason, is getting married this weekend (Saturday night) so that's going to be nice. I'm excited to see my family and get all dressed up for something. Of course, our neighbors called us last night to see if we wanted to go to Messina Hof for the mystery dinner thing SATURDAY night and we had to tell them no. We haven't been able to do much with them this summer, so that really sucked not being able to go out with them. That, and I LOVE Messina Hof!! ;-)

Okay, I think I've just about done and said everything to say today. I'm stuck here at the house waiting for the Direct TV guy to show up with our new HD satelite and reciever for our room (we got 2 new TV's about a week ago and want the HD for them- I'm excited!!) and then the lady that took our family pictures 2 weeks ago is going to bring by the CD's so we can look at the proofs. I'm SOOOO anxious to see what they look like too!! She said she had some great pictures of my boys and my family, so I'm excited to see them. This will be the first professional pictures of our family of six!!

1 comments:

Christine said...

Isn't it great when you can trick the kids into thinking chores are "fun"? :) Katie usually only responds to bribery! You are going to love the HD, we just got it and it is awesome and so much more clear than regular tv!