THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Myspace top 5 friends... and why!

So, I was thinking about why the top five people on my myspace friends list are my top five. And I didn't want to put this on myspace because then just about anyone could read it.... ya know?!? Anyways, it's just rambling, but it's important to me too, and I want those people (who I know are the only people to read this anyways!)to know why I love them and think they are special (and yes, I love all of them!)

My Number 1: My Matthew, of course. You know, when Matt and I started dated, I never would have guessed that we would have gotten married, had FOUR kids together, and be even somewhat happy together. We were (and really still are in a lot of ways) completely different from each other. He's very motivated, and I'm lazy (yes, I admit it, I love to sleep, read, lay around and relax, etc.), he's loud, and I'm quiet, he likes the dark, I love lights on in the house and all of the blinds open (we do compromise somewhat well on this one- except for the overhead light above the kitchen counter- I love it on all day and he HATES it!!) And there are other things that we don't see eye-to-eye on too, of course. Major things that could, if we let it, destroy our marriage. I do feel like we compromise well on things, and no matter what, it seems like we can always laugh together. Isn't that a great thing?!? Even if we are laughing at ourselves!

We also have four wonderful kids that are worth us working through all of the hardships for. Every time I look at our boys I know that we are doing something right with them (even though Daylon is starting to talk back more!) as they can be the sweetest, best boys in the world. I love Matt all the more for giving them to me.

I also love Matt for his hardworkingness. :-) He seriously works his butt off and I KNOW this and appreciate it more than he could ever know. Even if I told him every day, I don't think he would realize how much that means to me. (And no, not just so I can be lazy at home and have enough money to buy nice things.) It means the world to me because he does it for US. For him, me, and the boys. He gives himself up every day for us. Does that make sense?!?

Anyway, that's why I love Matt (among other MANY little things about him!!)(Matt, you make my heart smile.)


My Number 2: My sister, Becca! What can I say about my sister?!? She drives me bonkers, for one. She's spoiled rotten (yes, you really are, Becca!), and nutso, and a flirt. But she's the one person that I really do know is ALWAYS there for me (besides Mom, of course, but there are some things that even my understanding Mother wouldn't understand!) I know that Becca would give me the shirt off her back (if it would fit me!) or anything else if I needed it or asked. She's also a wonderful aunt and my boys absolutely love her as well.


My Number 3: LISA!!! Let's see... how much can I say about Lisa without making her emotional, pregnant self cry?!?! (I mean that in a good way, not mean! LOL) Lisa is like, in the words of Anne Shirley (sorry if you don't know who that is- you're missing out) my "bosom friend." I talk to Lisa daily (sometimes several times a day) and even though we have nothing to talk about, we talk about it all. I don't even KNOW everything about Lisa, and she surely doesn't know everything about me, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like she does. I think of Lisa as that person who, if I needed to talk in the middle of the night, I could go to her house (or call) and talk to her (if I could get her to wake up, that is....!) She's my Mother's Night Out drinking buddy (not when she's pregnant, ya'll), and the person that can make me laugh no matter what. She is, to make it simple, my best friend and confidant. I love you, Lis! (Awww... now I'M emotional! Damn liquid diet!!)


My Number 4: Christine. Christine is my inspiration to be a better person. She inspires me to be more patient with my boys, more caring to my husband, to blog where it is interesting to read, to help my kids more with their school stuff (I just can NOT homeschool though, no matter how easy Christine makes it look!), to eat more healthy, and to love life.

Because she (you, Christine) have lost Kyle, you have forever changed my life. I think of Kyle, and I think of Jace just a WEEK older than Kyle, and wonder how my life would be if I lost a child. I don't think I would be as good of a person as you are and make my loss into something so inspirational and helpful (for lack of a better word there) for other people. You have changed SO many people's lives because of your hard work, loving spirit, and COMMITMENT to let others know about your loss and the lessons that you learned from it.

Christine and I have a story of our meeting and friendship that not many people can claim!But. she is, and hopefully always will be, my friend.


My Number 5: Last, but NOT least in my top 5- Kelli!! Boy, Kelli and I have had our hardships, haven't we? We were SUCH good friends, had a falling out, and now we're learning about each other again! Kelli is my work-out buddy and the one that pushes me when I am ready to QUIT! (And it doesn't take much for me to want to- I hate working out!) She's my inspiration to get fit and be a sexy woman again! (Will I EVER get there?!?!) Kelli is the one that I know I can call and meet up with her for a drink EVER and it'll be all good. She probably knows more about me and all of my problems than anyone else combined, and she's the one I gripe to the most about Matt. She's definately seen me at my worst, and she still loves me even though. What better friend is there? I hope I can be that type of friend for her.


And for all of you, for that matter. That's my ultimate goal for my friends and loved ones. I want to be the person that you MISS if I am gone. And the person that you call if something important happens, or doesn't happen. And the person that you know you can talk to, no matter what it's about (or who!) and know that I will just LISTEN (and give advice if you need it.)

I love all of you guys, and you are the best friends (and family) that a person could ask for and want. I realize how lucky I am to have each of you in my life and each of you make ME a better person. (And Mom, if you had a myspace page, you would definately be in my top 5- I love you too. But you already know that!!) :-)

1 comments:

Christine said...

Aww, thank you. :) You are so sweet and I am always amazed with how you handle so much and make it look easy! I hope I can manage it all as well as you when I've got 4 kids running around! I look forward to that day so much. :)