THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Already a "Boaters Widow"

I picked up the keys and the title to Matt's new toy (see post below) on Thursday (had to meet the guy in Conroe because Matt was super busy and I'm a good, sweet, kind, caring wife.) ;-)

So Matt went down to Kemah yesterday with a friend of his so he could figure out how to drive it, etc. Neither one of them has ever driven a boat that big or in the ocean. From what I understand it is a serious miracle that Matt didn't wreck the boat within the first 5 minutes of having it out of the boat slip. It apparenltly got really bad for a few seconds and Matt honestly thought his heart was going to come out of his chest it was beating so hard. I am SOOO glad I wasn't around to see that- I think I would have been freaking out a LOT.

Anyway, God was watching out for my husband (and his friend and our boat!) and everything was fine. They figured out how to do most of the stuff on the boat, and Matt got pretty good at driving it.

He got home around 12:30 or so last night, and then left again this morning to go back and work on a few of the "kinks" in the boat. (He let me sleep in and took all of the boys to McDonalds for breakfast, and then brought me back a coffee- sweet hubby!) He'll stay on the boat tonight and then the boys and I are going down in the morning to join him. Honestly, I am just NOT looking forward to it at all. Four kids 8 years old and younger and 2 adults on a 33 foot boat just does not appeal to me. Especially since I know Matt doesn't know how to drive the boat THAT good! I guess as long as we keep the shore line in our sight, we'll be good. Hopefully we can just take the boat over to one of the restaurants on the Kemah boardwalk, get out and eat and let the boys play, and then we can all come back home! LOL

No, I really am excited about the boat and happy that Matt has a "hobby" but I'm just exhausted. I haven't slept much in the last few weeks (especially the last week with getting up at 5 a.m. to go to the boot camp!) and I'm just so tired I don't want to do anything but SLEEP. And that's just about impossible with 4 kids. ;-)

1 comments:

Christine said...

Yikes! That's kind of scary. Isn't there like a boating school and test you are supposed to pass to "captain a vessel" I know my grandpa is certified "captain" and only hires other certified captains to drive his boat. It's a 100 ft. though so maybe it's only required for bigger boats?? I have no idea how or where you get certified to be a captain but it makes sense that if you have to get a license to drive a car, that you would need one for a boat too. I'm not sure, but maybe look into that.

Be careful, have fun and keep life jackets on those kiddos!! Oh and maybe take along some Dramamine in case anyone is like me and gets motion sickness on the water! That is NO fun!