THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, July 12, 2008

New books!!

So, I haven't bought any new books in awhile so the boys and I made the trip to B&N after lunch today. They each got to pick out a book for themselves (I picked out like THREE for Blayden just so he would sit quietly in his stroller- something that he has learned that if he gripes enough, I WILL let him out of, because, you know, he's the baby and everything!!!)

Anyway, I'm excited by what I got!

I'm going to start off reading "The Shack" by William P Young. This book sounds AWESOME and already seems like something I'm going to be recommending to everyone. I have a feeling it's going to be one that I just can't put down. Here's the description from Amazon:

Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives as the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.

In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant 'The Shack' wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book.



Doesn't that sound like something that is going to be REALLY good??! I've read the Foreword already, and I'm hooked. I can't wait to read more.

I also bought "Twilight" by Stephanie Myers (I figured that if SOOOO many people really like it that much, maybe I will as well, although it doesn't really seem like my "thing!") And I bought "When You Are Enjulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris. I think these three books are all completely different from one another, but that's what makes life fun and interesting! :-)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Yay for new books! Barnes and Nobles is my candy store :)

mp said...

the shack sounds really good. i'll have to put it on my list to read.

my friend is sending me her twilight so i can read it since i'm a cheap ass right now. can't wait!

Mandi said...

I've looked at The Shack several times but always put it back. It sounds really good so I'm gonna have to buy it. And I just bought about 6 new books today!