THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

House Update (again!)

Well, it's still slow going on the house. The guys started working on the slate floors around 11 on Monday morning and are still going at it. We're putting them down at a diagnal and so it's a LOT more cuts and work for them. It's absolutely beautiful though, and I'm so excited for it all to be done (they have a small bathroom, small hallway, and my laundry room to finish laying tile and then about that much to finish the grout. So really not too much- they should be done today around 5 or so, I would think.)


We also got most of our granite countertops in yesterday, but apparently they didn't measure a small part of the counter between the oven and refrigerator. So they are cutting that piece right now and will come back later this afternoon to finish it. So far it's awesome looking though!!


Once all of that is done, Matt and I will put sealer on the slate tiles this evening after the boys are in bed (apparently it's REALLY strong and stinky! Ugg!!) And then I can move everything back into my kitchen tomorrow and we'll start on the wood floors. Woo-hoo!!!! I can't WAIT!


Oh!! And I ordered a table yesterday from Ashley Furniture. It won't be here until July 17th or so, but I don't care. We have a glass top table right now that only has 4 chairs with it and I HATE it. This is the table I ordered:




(It has a leaf with it to make it bigger). And then I ordered 2 extra chairs with it and 2 barstools.

Okay, I'm sure ya'll aren't too interested in all of this, it's just exciting to see it all getting done. I'm SOOOO ready!!!

Well, we're off to run some more errands. I do have pictures of the house in progress so I'll try to post those this afternoon. You can see the mess I'm living in right now!!!! It's going to take me a few weeks to get everything cleaned and back to normal after they're all done here!

0 comments: