THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 28, 2008

Girls weekend

Well, I got back home around 6:30 yesterday (Sunday) evening. It was SOOO much fun to go and hang out with the girls.

We got down there Friday around 5 or so, hung out in the room (there were 10 of us in 2 rooms- with only 4 double beds. You do the math!) ordered pizza, then walked to a bar next to where we stayed. It was pretty boring there, so we met up with some friends of the one of the girls we went with, and they took us in their Suburban to a dance hall (called "The Watering Hole"). We stayed there until last call at midnight, dancing and just having a blast. (And of course, there are always at least 2 girls that stay up late drinking and driving everyone else bonkers. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep that night.)

Saturday we got up, got our 'toobs' all rented and situated, then the lodge took us in their bus and dropped us off about 15 minutes away. We then floated on the river until 4 or so. (There were SOOOO many people on the river, it was crazy!!) We all got ready (another fun thing to do with 10 girls!) and went to the Gristmill for dinner. After an hour and a half wait, we finally got to eat! By this time, Kelli (the girl I went with) and I and another girl I went to high school with, were EXHAUSTED (remember, we were kept up the night before!) so we went back to the room to chill out, and the rest of the girls went to the Aaron Watson concert. I think they all got back around 1:30 or so (but I'm not sure on this one.) ;-)

Sunday we got to sleep a little later- 9ish- and then we got up, got ready for the day, and then Kelli and I left to go to the San Marcos outlet mall (no one else wanted to go so it was nice to have the car to ourselves!) We ate lunch at The Cracker Barrel (you know, I had NEVER eaten there before then!?) and then shopped until 4 or so (I spent WAY too much money, but it was a ton of fun. And I got Jace & Kelton just about settled for school clothes! (Daylon already went school clothes shopping and Blayden just doesn't need anything right now.))

Anyway, we had a blast but I was so glad to be back home. I can only handle so much beer and then I'm DONE!!! ;-) Here are some pictures from the weekend:

The back of our shirts: (The front says "2nd Annual Girls Weekend, New Braunfuls, TX")



Hanging out at Billy's Bar on Friday night:



Me and Kelli at Billy's Bar:



Dancing at The Watering Hole:



Waiting outside for our table at The Gristmill Saturday night (left to right: front row- Meagan, Tara, me, Amanda. second row: Kelli, Christy, Carrie, Blessing, BJ, Ashley, Randy. Then 2 random guys butted in on it as well.):



Me and Kelli at our table:




I also have pictures of us on the river, but I'm going to have to get them developed, then put on a CD (had to use a waterproof camera.) Hopefully I can get them done pretty soon, and I'll post those as well. :-)

1 comments:

mp said...

looks like you guys had fun!! i like your shirts. too cute!! i'll have to do that with some of the girls here in waco! cute idea!